Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

puzzled about next step to take

tag
mt2va
Established Contributor

puzzled about next step to take

Here is the short version:

1. I have disputed with the CRA, all 3 verified this particular TL. (mail order company)

2. So since this is still listed on my CR with the OC I wrote them a letter (not DV but just asking for what info they had about this debt, etc)

3. I get a letter from the OC stating my time to DV (which I wasn't trying to do with them anyway) was expired & that I needed to contact XYZ CA to discuss this account further & they provided that info. They also sent me a copy of the invoice of what was ordered. The order was November 2004.

So I guess my question is what do I do now? Do I dispute with the CRA again stating the OC has no info and/or ask for MOV? Do I contact the CA the OC referred me to even though said CA has NEVER EVER contacted me and they do NOT appear on my CR & never have?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: puzzled about next step to take

Is it your debt? If so you would want to try and clear this up with the OC before the CA gets to do anything. You could persist with the OC in accepting a PIF.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the OC reporting a balance?

They sent you an invoice, so stating they have no information is false.

Message 3 of 6
mt2va
Established Contributor

Regarding the 1st question is it my debt.  I don't believe it is but I can't say 100% unless they can provide me with something.  I've looked through my old bank statements & I don't show I've ever made any type of payment to them.  And based on the items ordered on the invoice it is not something myself or my husband would have ordered so I'm inclined to say no. 

Regarding the 2nd question yes they are reporting a balance to the CRA of $192 but the invoice amount is only for $148.  But it says my credit limit is $100.

I'm just puzzled about who I should contact about what next.  The CRA is saying the OC verified.  The OC is saying the CA has the info.  The CA has NEVER once contacted me so I don't see any point in stirring things up with them as they are not on my CR.  Should I go back to the CRA & let them know the OC who is verifying this info says they have no info???

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's not that they don't have any info, it's just that the info they provided has not helped you determine whether this is your account.

Take another look at the invoice they provided.  Did they ship to your address?  Are you saying that you think your identity was stolen and that someone opened an account in your name?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would file a complaint with the BBB regarding the issue. Maybe you can get something done.

State that you don't believe it is your account and have only received an invoice of items you don't believe you've ordered.

Ask for ordering date, shipping address, etc.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.