Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding disputing...

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

question regarding disputing...

I recently disputed a few accounts, and several were deleted. One account was updated with the correct info. I submitted a dispute to TU, but it also reported as disputed on EQ and EX as well. Is that normal?

Also, since it has been updated with the correct info, but the "remarks" show something about "consumer disputed item...." do I need to contact each bureau to have them remove those remarks so it doesn't look like the account is still in dispute? I know if an item looks to be in dispute it can effect apps in the future.

Thanks

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
moneystinks
New Contributor

Re: question regarding disputing...

I am wondering the same thing... I have disputed some and wrote letters to others (and instead of responding to my PFD letters, they updated to say that it is in dispute). Should we try to get rid of these remarks?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moneystinks wrote:

I am wondering the same thing... I have disputed some and wrote letters to others (and instead of responding to my PFD letters, they updated to say that it is in dispute). Should we try to get rid of these remarks?

+3

Message 3 of 5
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

If you are hoping for a mortgage is highly likely your LO will require that the comments are removed.  This can be done (if they are truly not being disputed) by calling the CRA's if that's the genesis of the dispute.  

If it was a Direct Dispute, then the best course of action is to contact the OC.  It's possible to have the remarks removed by calling the CRA, but the monthly update from the OC may still have those remaks on their upload and the comments can reappear.  That's why it's important to know where the dispute originated.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 5
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

I submitted all my disputes online through the CRA's....I'm guessing I'll just leave it be for now and see how things go, but make sure to contact the CRA's before apping for anything.

The disputes only take ~30-45 days most of the time and then you get a response back from the CRA's so after that then there is no reason anyway for it to have those comments in the account "remarks".

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.