Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions about rebuilding and pay for delete

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: questions about rebuilding and pay for delete

@Jesi wrote:

You could try disputing the debt that is paid and sometimes that will work. I had a medical bill in collections from when I gave birth to my son, it was over $3,000. It was supposed to be paid by the insurance company and due do a written error in the year by someone, they never paid it. My son was born the 28th of December in 2008 and something had 2009 on it. After a few years I finally was able to get it corrected and in that case they HAD to remove it because it was an error, not a legitimate debt.

Then I had a hospital bill for like $20 for a test and it went into collections with the same company. I paid it, and called, they said they do not ever remove the blemish even after it's paid. I disputed it, and it was gone within 2 weeks. So much for what the guy said. Not sure why they ended up removing it but they did, so I'm not going to complain! It's worth a shot at least, sometimes you can add a notation when you are disputing and in that case I would mention that they agreed to remove it. This has to be addressed within 30 days, so at the very least it might speed up the removal!

You cannot dispute accurate information.  It is a violation of the TOS of the forums to do so.

Message 11 of 12
Jesi
New Contributor

Re: questions about rebuilding and pay for delete

I wasn't talking about deleting accurate information.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.