cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions what would you do? 5 revolving 2 installment lines

tag
quame14

questions what would you do? 5 revolving 2 installment lines

What is the easiest and fastest way to build credit? I have a 2 store credit card home depot (500 CLC)  high balance of 375 and best buy (3000 CL)  high balance of 379. Also I have 2 regular credit card (capital one 300 CL)new 0bal. and credit one bank (400 cl) new. 0bal mfcu card with 1000 cl 2 car loans for about 10 months then paid off my credit score is 600. i have been paying best buy and michigan first on time for a year and a half and the michigan first card has a limit of 1000 and a high balance of 700 but has been payed every month on time at least 200 maybe 300 a month every month. what should i do now and what should be paid first? (people with good credit repost your credit score). where do u think my score should be in a yea if i only use these card once ever two months what would u do? i have a negative charge off capital one card backdate to 2008 but Its payed and I'm disputing it with the credit bureaus because capital one didn't want to remove it i have lexington law firm on the job. 16 inquires i have the inquire assist with lexington and have to send the letters to get the inquires erased the cadillac dealer ship applied for 12 accounts in one day. what should i do...pleaseee help

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: questions what would you do? 5 revolving 2 installment lines

Hi and welcome to the forums.

First I would stay away from Lexington.  They are limited to what they can do for you and everything you have mentioned you could do yourself.

The Cap 1 charge off is a legitimate debt and even though it is paid, they do not have to remove it from your CR.  There is nothing to legitimately dispute with that.

The inquiries for the autoloan will only count as one for FICO scoring.  It is common for an autodealer to shop around for the best deal.  As long as they are marked auto any future creditor will know this.

The fastest to way to improve your score is through utilization.  Let all but one card report a 0 balance and the other at 9% or below.  Then pay it off before the due date to avoid interest charges.

Message 2 of 9
quame14

I know the only thing i really have a problem with getting off is capital one they will not remove themselves even though i payed the balance its still on as a charge off thats the only thing i hired lexington for

Message 3 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There is nothing incorrect with Cap 1 reporting it as a charge off, even after paid.  It will always be a charge off but a paid one.

Nothing changes the fact it was a charge off.  A charge off is an accounting term used when the creditor feels they won't get paid.  It is mandatory for them to do this after a certain amount of time.

Message 4 of 9
quame14

what do u think i can do to get it removed.... i have a new account with them i think i was going to pay it for 4 months and ask them to remove the old account as a good gesture since i was paying my new account once a month every month on time

Message 5 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 9
quame14

Is there a way i can get in touch with the executive office number and or email that i can get in contact with them?

Message 7 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can Google CEO Capital One for their email address.

Good luck
Message 8 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

if you don't have a strong and legitimate reason for the CapOne charge off, it's unlikely they will revise their prior reporting cos they are one tough nut to crack... But who knows doesnt hurt to ask... And as for Lexington Law STAY AWAYYYYYY!!!!! They are not doing anything for you, whatever they claim they can do u prolly can do better and get more better results. Good luck

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.