Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions!!!??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

questions!!!??

okkkk so i started off with my credit report and tackeled the ones that i could handle for now and sent pfds and a few gwills hoping that they'll work with me. slowly but surely im starting to get it together but im also working on dhs credit as well. with his im starting off with closed ccs that still have balance on them.  one of them will be paid off this month. it was a card that is with hsbc. we thought it was paid off but ig uess we confused it with another one and we ended up being late on it. so im hoping to send them a gw soon. the balance was like $377. we took care of that one just intime before it went to collections.

the next card i want to work on is capital one. ive read so many horror stories with capital one. so we are trying to take care of it. we have quite a few lates on that one. has anyone hs luck with cap one removing some lates??  its showing as revolving so im assuming its open i dont know. its late 90 days and we owe $963. should i just make payment plans or how should i go about his. we gotthis card in cali and live in va.

so tell me what im doing wrong...... thanks!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: questions!!!??

Hi wifey...I worked with cap one several years ago & set up a pmt plan.  They were very accomodating & within a year, I'd paid up about 1800.00 in debt with them.  That was back in dec 04 when I finished.

I called them just this monday to try & get the baddies off my rept.  They're sending it to the right dept with a notation requesting delete bad ones & mark pif satisf.  So...we'll see.

BUT...I'd definately call them & set up pmts...but then when you're done, request a pfd!  I wish I'd known about that way back when Smiley Sad

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 05-08-2008 11:53 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks bungalowmo for answering!! thats good to know thanks!!! so i should pay first then request a pfd or is it the other way around??? thanks so much for you help..
Message 3 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I'd call & give them the (sob) story...let them know you want to pay & set up payments. 

Not sure exactly "when" you should suggest the pfd.  Maybe after you've gained a rapport with the cust. svc. rep. (few months into payments..?) Make sure you get the # of the person you talk to.  Her name & # were always on my statements too.  Make nicey with them...they could become a huge ally! 

I'm hoping to see results from them soon.  I have a cap one post here on the rebuild section.  I'll post my outcome there!  Good Luck!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.