Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick claim deeded prop to ex girlfriend

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

quick claim deeded prop to ex girlfriend

5 years ago my ex and i split, we had bought a house together.  When we split in mid-02 i did the quickclaim...she was late six times in 2003...hasn't been since....she never got the prop refinanced out of my name...i want the derogs off my report as i didn't do it and the house out of my name..how do i do it..can i dispute it since i quickclaim before the baddies happened?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: quick claim deeded prop to ex girlfriend

scoobjag wrote:
5 years ago my ex and i split, we had bought a house together.  When we split in mid-02 i did the quickclaim...she was late six times in 2003...hasn't been since....she never got the prop refinanced out of my name...i want the derogs off my report as i didn't do it and the house out of my name..how do i do it..can i dispute it since i quickclaim before the baddies happened?

As long as your name is on the mortgage papers with the lender, you will be held responsible for the payments or lack of.

You can send a GW letter to the lender and ask for them to remove the lates or the account, it will be up to them.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm sure is common for unmarried couples...do u think they will take it off..is their a good way to convince them? ...I looking to get a piece of prop to build on with DW so trying to rebuild and fix credit... thanks for the input
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

scoobjag wrote:
i'm sure is common for unmarried couples...do u think they will take it off..is their a good way to convince them? ...I looking to get a piece of prop to build on with DW so trying to rebuild and fix credit... thanks for the input

I would concentrate on getting my name off the mortgage first, if that hasn't already happened.

Then just send them a letter and be totally honest with them about what happened and everything. Mention that you are going to be shopping for a mortgage with your DW soon and would like your credit to reflect your repaying history, not your ex g/fs...........

They may see you are going to be shopping for a mortgage and take it as a chance to get in your good graces hoping you'll come to them.

As things get tighter, I think it will get more competitive between lenders.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

no my name is not off yet...so call them and then send letter or just letter..ty
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

scoobjag wrote:
no my name is not off yet...so call them and then send letter or just letter..ty

For GW'ing lates, I'd just send letter.

Just so you know, if you don't already know, when you go to apply for a new mortgage, chances are this mortgage will be counted against you in your debt to income ratio. They will have to view it as you are responsible for that debt, so your income will have to support that payment in addition to your other debts and the new mortgage.

There may be some lenders who will overlook it when you explain, but not many with the recent crunch.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-04-2008 08:26 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.