cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Available Revolving Credit" showing on Closed/Post BK Accounts - Affecting score??

tag
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

"Available Revolving Credit" showing on Closed/Post BK Accounts - Affecting score??

Greetings, Friends.. Smiley Happy

A quick question for you. 

I know there can be several reasons that my EQ score is 130 points lower than TU and EX scores, but wonder if it might have to do with the fact that I'm showing "available revolving credit" in the 3K range for TU and the 4K range for EX and then ZERO (no available credit) for EQ. 

My research seems to indicate that regardless of whatever else is showing, if there is a Zero Balance and the Account is "Closed", this is all that is considered when the scoring is done.

So for example, if my TU account shows "Closed/Discharged Ch7 BK" and a 'Zero/0 Balance", I'm guessing it should not matter that my report is showing "$3000 Available Revolving Credit" - is that correct?

I can't help but wonder if the other 2 agencies are factoring in this 'available amount'  - even tho' accounts show closed.  

It seems odd that the one agency  that is drastically lower, (EQ) happens to show Zero Available Credit. 

Can anyone advise on this?

Thank you kindly in advance!

PeL

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: "Available Revolving Credit" showing on Closed/Post BK Accounts - Affecting score??

You have confusing use of terminology.

It is contradictory to have available revolving util on a closed account.

The definition of a closed account is one that the creditor has closed to futher use, meaning you have no more available credit to use.

You only have the debt on the account until it is paid/discharged, at which time it no longer is scored under util of revovling credit.

I would disregard any reference to the term "available revolving credit" if the account is closed, and look instead at whether its credit limit is continuing to be included in the denominator of your % tuil calculation.  If closed and discharged, it should not.

Message 2 of 4
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Re: "Available Revolving Credit" showing on Closed/Post BK Accounts - Affecting score??

Thanks so much for the reply, RobertEG..

I understand your points - thank you.

The fact that no dollar amount was included under the heading of 'available revolving credit' on my EQ report, but 3-4K noted for the other 2 reports, made me wonder about the very thing you mention - whether these dollar amounts factor into my utilization.

I understand that closed accounts *shouldn't* factor in, but wonder if there could possibly be some kind of oversight where they have in my case.

Is there a way to confirm this, short of checking directly with the agencies?  Or, is a miscalculation not likely enough to warrant asking?

Thanks kindly for your response!

PeL

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

To clarify, closed accounts can still be included in calculation of your % util.

A charged-off and closed account that is still reporting a balance will have the balance included in the calculation of % util.

It is only when the account is closed AND has $0 balance that it is no longer included.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.