cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Date Opened" Incorrect on Credit Report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Date Opened" Incorrect on Credit Report.

I've heard of creditors changing dates on credit reports to keep it on for longer. My report has three instances where the "Date Opened" is reported as far later than the REAL date it was opened. They really should be coming of very soon. Will this affect when it will be deleted from my report (after 7 years). Also, I have disputed these in the past and now it won't give me the option to do it again. Do I have any recourse?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: "Date Opened" Incorrect on Credit Report.

Not an issue. 

I would suspect that a later "date opened" was reported by a debt collector on their collection?  That date opened has nothing to do with the OC account.

All of the dates used under the FCRA to regulate credit report exclusion of an adverse item of information are set based on when the adverse item occured, with the special definition of DOFD when the item is a collection or charge-off.  Being based on your activity on the account itself,those are factual dates that later reporting cannot alter based on their activities.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Date Opened" Incorrect on Credit Report.

Awesome. Thank You. Quite a relief.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.