Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Early deletion" for a 60-day late?

tag
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

"Early deletion" for a 60-day late?

Hey guys,

I've seen a few threads lately about success getting baddies deleted early, particularly with TU (via their online form) and EX (via phone). So far, though, it looks like all of those requests have been about old CAs or COs where the whole TL was deleted early. I'm wondering if the same approach works for an old late payment on a current account that I want to keep open.

Specifically, I had a 60-day late in 10/2007 on my oldest credit card (with Citi) have been current ever since, and am wondering if I can get them to remove that late payment a few months early. EX says "This account scheduled to report with positive status as of 7/14," and TU and EQ just note that it was 60 days late 1 time in 10/2007. I tried GW-ing it with the Citi EO back in January, but no dice.

So, does anyone who's familiar with this think I might have a shot at getting TU and/or EX to drop the late payment notation a few months early? I'm applying for a new apartment and every little bit helps.  (I'm also assuming I have no shot with EQ since they don't seem to do this for any account, but if anyone thinks I should try them let me know. 

Thanks, as always - this community is awesome.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: "Early deletion" for a 30-day late?

I wouldn't worry about it too much, since it is only a 30day late that is over 6 years old it should not be affecting your FICO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Early deletion" for a 60-day late?

Hey pizzadude,

Thanks for the reply, and you actually made me realize my first post was a mistake - it wasn't a 30-day late, it was a 60-day late. (I think I was just in an overly happy mood since I've been making some progress, and that's why I misstated how bad this baddie was).

So, knowing that, does that change anything about your advice? Thanks again, really appreciate your time.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Jamex wrote:

Hey pizzadude,

Thanks for the reply, and you actually made me realize my first post was a mistake - it wasn't a 30-day late, it was a 60-day late. (I think I was just in an overly happy mood since I've been making some progress, and that's why I misstated how bad this baddie was).

So, knowing that, does that change anything about your advice? Thanks again, really appreciate your time.

Well, it's really hard to know for certain, but most people believe that 60 day lates also lose their FICO scoring impact after a few years as well.    Given that this is so old, I'm inclined to think that it probably isn't doing anything to your score.

If it was me, I'd leave it alone.    The only reason I can think to try and clean it up would be if this happened to be the only derogatory item remaining and you were trying for a clean report.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
nvangel08

Hi, I am trying to re-build my credit and could use all the advice I can get. Back in 2008 my credit was so bad due to both me and my husband being in the military. Late payments happened very frequently. I have been doing excelent since then but my scores have only been improving very little. I keep seeing the term GW but I am not sure what that means. When I started taking my credit serously my scores were in the low to mid 500s. Now they are in the low to mid 600s. But I feel like there is so much more that I can do but I am so new to all of this that I have no idea what Im doing. I pay bills and credit cards on time. The credit limit to my Capital one card is 1800 and the balance is currently 180. The credit limit to my NY & Co Card is 800 and the current balance is 0. My Military Star card has a limit of 1400 and the current balance is 1200. I know that the Star card is hurting me but I didnt have a choice at the time and I am doing the best I can to bring the balance down over time. What else can I do?

Starting Score: EQ:611 TU:609 EX:629
Current Score: EQ:666 TU:661 EX:648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
couponcrazy619
New Contributor

I would pay off the bal of $180. The like you said start to pay down the Star Card. That is whats most likely hurting your score. You shouldn't have two cards reporting a balance. . 

Also GW=Goodwill 

My Fico
EX:660| TU:632 | EQ 671-updated July 2014
Short Term Goal 620's across the board= Meet June 2014
Final Goal: 740's by 2016
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.