cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Goodwill" Chat With Capital One -- Was That It?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Goodwill" Chat With Capital One -- Was That It?!

I am in the process of sending goodwill letters willy-nilly to remove a few negative marks on my credit report. One is a past-due from Capital One.

I chatted with a rep online today, and I was puzzled if my problem was solved or if they were just dodging. I have included a chat transcript for analysis...

Nixon: XXXX, may I please know which Credit Bureau's the late fee was reported?

you: All three

Nixon: Thank you.

Nixon: XXXX, Any discrepancies found will be reported to the business credit bureaus for correction.

Nixon: A letter regarding the business credit bureau investigation will leave Capital One within 10 business days; allow 10 additional days for mail time.

Nixon: Allow 60 to 90 days to have this information updated with the credit reporting agencies.

you: What does discrepancies mean? I mean, I know what it means but in this case...

you: Does that mean the June 2012 30-day late will be removed?

Nixon: XXXX, I have filed a dispute for the correction to be made for the late fee that was reported on June 2012

Nixon: I have filed a dispute for credit bureaus for correction to be made.

Nixon: letter regarding the business credit bureau investigation will reach you with more details of the dispute.

you: OK, I see.

Nixon: XXXX, we at Capital One are disputing for the correction to be made on your credit report.

you: OK

Does this mean I just need to wait for the correction to be made, or should I continue sending out goodwill letters to Capital One? Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: "Goodwill" Chat With Capital One -- Was That It?!

I would love to find out if this worked.  In all likelihood from past posts and experiences, you'll get a letter in the mail saying that Capital One will cannot remove any information that is correct.

YMMV

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.