Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Inquiries Only Shared WIth You"

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

"Inquiries Only Shared WIth You"

I've read that inquiries effect your score, so when I pulled my EX credit report, I was shocked to see that I had 10 "Inquiries Shared Only With You." Is this the same as any other inquiry? There weren't any other inquiry categories that I could find. 

Record of Requests for Your Credit History

Inquiries Shared Only With You

Personal Information

I also want to note that Cap One had 22 inquiries shared only with me in 2011. Does something like that matter?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Inquiries Only Shared WIth You"

*Note that I don't have a Cap One account.

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 2 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

I've read that inquiries effect your score, so when I pulled my EX credit report, I was shocked to see that I had 10 "Inquiries Shared Only With You." Is this the same as any other inquiry? There weren't any other inquiry categories that I could find. 

Personal Information

I also want to note that Cap One had 22 inquiries shared only with me in 2011. Does something like that matter?

These are called Soft Inquiries. They do not effect your credit score. The only INQ's that do are Hard Inquiries (i.e: application for any credit product). Credit Unions will allow do a Hard INQ to open an account with them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 10
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Where does that appear on my credit report? 

How is it categorized or titled differently? If soft inquiries are labeled Inquiries Shared Only WIth You, what is a hard inquiry labeled as?

Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

Where does that appear on my credit report? 

How is it categorized or titled differently? If soft inquiries are labeled Inquiries Shared Only WIth You, what is a hard inquiry labeled as?

What CMS are you using?? Usually it should say something along the lines of "creditors who have requested a copy of your credit report"

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

I checked the list of common abbreviations and couldn't find CMS, but I'm guessing that you want to know who I pulled my credit report from. 

I got my EX report through annualcreditreport.com. I did note that it says that it won't affect my score, but it just looked suspicious, so I asked.

Perhaps there aren't any hard inquiries to speak of (very possible) and maybe that's why that section is absent from my report.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

Personal Information

Inquiries only shared with you are known as "Soft Inquiries" no one else can see them except you and the Credit Reporting Agency.

Usually soft inquiries are from existing creditors doing their monthly account reviews, and also if you use a credit monitoring service and you pull your own reports, they will be listed as soft inquiries, and if you have opted in or have not opted out, some of those could be from other companies, such as insurance companies, collection agencies, or other credit card companies, companies that you have no relationship with can only see very limited info from their soft pull, such as your name, address and date of birth.

Normally when a company does a soft pull on your report, it's to get your name and address to send you offers in the mail, such as insurance companies and credit card companies.

The 22 soft inquiries you see from Cap1 (first off, are you a Cap1 cardholder?) if you are, it should have a code next to the soft inq, such as AR which is short for "Account Review" and just about all credit cards companies you have a relationship with will do AR's, some like Cap1 monthly, and other credit card companies will do AR's every other month etc....

As stated above, no one can see these but you, if you were to apply for a new credit card, the creditor you are applying with can not see them.

Soft inquiries do not hurt your scores at all.

There are also Hard inquiries, and those type of inquiries can hurt your score/s, hard inquiries are when you apply for a credit card, car loan, personal loan etc.....

Hard inquiries count towards 10% of your credit score and will only affect your score for 12 months, however, they will stay on your reports for 24 months and are viewable by any future creditors you apply with.

I hope this helps you, I am a bit sick and my head is a bit clouded, so I hope I did not miss anything.

BTW, Welcome to the Forums.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MontegoMack wrote:

*Note that I don't have a Cap One account.

Then Cap1 is just softing your report to potentially send you offers in the mail.

If you do not want these type of offers or if you just do not want businesses you have no relationship with getting your personal information, then I suggest you opt out, you can do so by clicking here OPT OUT this is the official opt out website.

I have opted out myself, I do not want any business except my current creditors softing my reports.

Message 8 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

Personal Information

The soft inqs that only you can see and doesnt affect you number of inqs.

If there is any consolation, I have very mediocre cards from cap one and they softed me 19 times last year and they always denied me for any CLI's...go figure.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@MontegoMack wrote:

Personal Information

The soft inqs that only you can see and doesnt affect you number of inqs.

If there is any consolation, I have very mediocre cards from cap one and they softed me 19 times last year and they always denied me for any CLI's...go figure.

As do I CS (well, you knew thatSmiley Very Happy) and Cap1 softed my EQ report at least 12 times last year (once a month) and still will not offer me one red cent. 

I went from a 583-600ish EQ FICO score when I apped for my first Cap1 card 6/2010 to an 802 EQ FICO. Yet they still will offer me nothing.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.