Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Judgment" removal question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Judgment" removal question

Judgment on my credit report from 2006 (when it was paid). However, in my quest to clean up my credit, I found out that it is not in fact a judgment (nothing on file at the courthouse).

Talked to the courthouse clerk, nothing on file. Clerk wouldn't give documentation stating as such. Said they don't do that.

Disputed as 'not mine' on EQ and TU. Both verified. Sent letter to both with documentation from courthouse (which just showed that I had paid the plaintiff; didn't say anything about no judgment)

Both verified again. Called both TU and EQ. Both said on the phone that they verify electronically, and no name or contact information can be given.

So- next step? Ideas?

-Tracey
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Judgment" removal question

You can send MOV.

I would ask for who is reporting the inaccurate information. Furnishers of information to the CRA have a duty to report accurately and they are not. You have no way of contacting the furnisher of the information to dispute if they do not provide the information of who is reporting it.

If they won't provide you with any information, then I would send ITS letter. Just make sure you are willing to actually sue if they don't fix it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sidewinder-

All I got from a phone call this morning to both CRAs was "we verify electronically, so we can't give you a name or phone number".

The judgment on my credit report shows the name of the courthouse and the collection agency that filed it originally.
Message 3 of 5
spongebobsmom
Valued Member

EQ has verified a judgment 4 times incorrectly and I can't get anywhere. It is driving me CRAZY!!!! This is how it is being reported:

Case Number: Wrong (does not exist)
Date 10/2004: Wrong (8 months off)
Court: Wrong (2 different cities)
Amount: Wrong (by $49,000 yikes)
Creditor: Correct

The court states it is being reported wrong. Will not give a letter because their policy is to only verify existing case numbers and not those that do not exist. Had me send certified documents from the correct case but did not get anywhere. They do not know who reports to CRA but swear it is not them.

CA acknowledges it is reporting wrong. They do not know who reports to CRA but swear it is not them.

Same exact response from County Recorders office. EQ says to contact the court. Start the hair pulling all over again.

I really think I will be contacting an attorney after Labor Day. Just a thought here? I have been asking the CA for 4 years to report to the court that it is paid. The other day the acknowledged AGAIN that they dropped the ball and still have not done it. They law here is that they MUST report within 14 days of receiving payment or I can sue them. Can I ask the CA to remove all judgment info from reports in exchange for not contacting an attorney or will that get me into hot water?
Message 4 of 5
spongebobsmom
Valued Member

I forgot to say that I did send the ITS and it was signed for on 7/29. So far EQs response was that they have 30 days to respond not 15. Will keep you posted. If not removed after Labor Day, I will have to contact an attorney.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.