Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"OK" vs "X" on CRs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"OK" vs "X" on CRs

On some of our accounts, instead of having the nice, pretty green solid "OK" box, we have a white box (empty) or just a plain ol' "X."

I'd rather not holler or dispute the X's or the white empty boxes, because they MIGHT be where there should have been a derog.

But how does FICO see those? Does FICO read them as good? Non-existent, therefore un-updated? Or neutral?

Anyone know?? This has been driving me buggy!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "OK" vs "X" on CRs

Wonderin wrote:
On some of our accounts, instead of having the nice, pretty green solid "OK" box, we have a white box (empty) or just a plain ol' "X."

I'd rather not holler or dispute the X's or the white empty boxes, because they MIGHT be where there should have been a derog.

But how does FICO see those? Does FICO read them as good? Non-existent, therefore un-updated? Or neutral?

Anyone know?? This has been driving me buggy!!

This is a great question.  I used to wonder the same thing myself.

FICO is neutral about "OK" vs. "X".  This doesn't hurt your score one bit.

"X" just means "No data".  As far as scoring for payment history goes, it's not important to collect strings of green boxes; it's just important to avoid the yellow, orange, and red boxes.

Edited to add:

It's important to note that the myFICO reports, as well as the 3-in-1 reports you can get from TC and other similar services, don't always format correctly.  I don't get any green boxes from EQ on any reports at all, for example, except for the ones I get directly from EQ.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-02-2008 08:51 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thanks, Cheddar!! As always, you rule!! Smiley Happy

Can I pick your brain one more time?

I disputed an old, charged off CC (didn't realize what it would do and how stupid that was at the time) as "paid, agreed to delete" (which they did, but they didn't!). It came back still as a CO, but this time, minus the lates that led it to CO land.

Does FICO see that as a good account or a bad one? On EX it's flagged (EX, for some reason, it's reporting the same as it was eons ago), but on EQ and TU it's not (just shows "Paid as agreed/current" has the black CO box and all white, empty boxes for the payment history).

Do we GW to delete it entirely or do we just settle for what we've got?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:
Awesome! Thanks, Cheddar!! As always, you rule!! Smiley Happy

Can I pick your brain one more time?

I disputed an old, charged off CC (didn't realize what it would do and how stupid that was at the time) as "paid, agreed to delete" (which they did, but they didn't!). It came back still as a CO, but this time, minus the lates that led it to CO land.

Does FICO see that as a good account or a bad one? On EX it's flagged (EX, for some reason, it's reporting the same as it was eons ago), but on EQ and TU it's not (just shows "Paid as agreed/current" has the black CO box and all white, empty boxes for the payment history).

Do we GW to delete it entirely or do we just settle for what we've got?

Once again, great question.

I don't know the answer to this off the top of my head.  I'm not sure how it could be reporting as a positive account on EQ and TU, yet still have the CO designation in the payment history.

Let me see what I can find.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Cheddar!! I've searched and couldn't find a *bleeping* thing. Not to say that I'm the only one in this particular dinghy, just that today, for some reason, my searching skills are WAY under par! :/

As always, thank you, Cheddar!! You have NO idea how much you've helped us -- and everyone else here!!!

{{{{Grateful hugs!!}}}
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.