Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"this account is scheduled to..." removal dates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"this account is scheduled to..." removal dates

This account is scheduled to continue on record until Apr 2012.

This message is on the CR.  does the account remove in the beginning/ end of the month?  or when ....?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: "this account is scheduled to..." removal dates

The exclusion date begins from the date of the adverse item plus the statutory period for that item.

Some adverse item reporting dates have specific dates (BK, judgments, tax liens, while others only have months (monthly delinquencies and DOFDs).

While the exclusion periods are precise as to day, the begin date may not be. So they are considered to have a date of the last day of the month.

Statutory compliance thus really begins the next month after the month of expiration of the period for those items.

Message 2 of 7
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

In my experience, its been pretty close to the begining of the month. I had one fall off in January and it was like the third it was gone by. If not I think you can call in or dispute and ask that they remove.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 3 of 7
BGinVA
Contributor

I've often heard mention of reports having a scheduled to drop off date, yet none of the different versions I've ever pulled has included this.  Can someone tell me which version I need to run next time if I want to see this?  Thanks in advance!

Message 4 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@BGinVA wrote:

I've often heard mention of reports having a scheduled to drop off date, yet none of the different versions I've ever pulled has included this.  Can someone tell me which version I need to run next time if I want to see this?  Thanks in advance!

The TU report I pulled for my annual credit report shows that on it. 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 5 of 7
BGinVA
Contributor

Thanks Awdsmamma, just ran that one and there they are.  Looks like 2014 is going to be my big FICO increase year.  Hopefully I can get a decent apr on my new car purchase in a few months, and then its gardening mode for awhile. 

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would not file a dispute over continued inclusion of an expired item in your CR.  It is not the accuracy of the credit reporting that is of issue.

Creditors and debt collectors can continue to report any accurate information, even after expiration of the normal CR exclusion period.

The fault is not one of accuracy of reporting, it is the fault of the CRA for non-compliance with section 605(a). 

File a complaint with the CRA.  You dont want to get mired in an inappropriate dispute process.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.