Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re: Gardening

tag
Sass2009
Valued Member

re: Gardening

Hey Everyone:

So I am now in gardening mode and it is super hard for me.  I've applied for cards and received a few (legacy visa, secured capital one, capital one - cash rewards, orchard bank, home depot, target, kohls, amazon), but they have pretty low limits.  I've spent the last year cleaning up my credit and paying my bills on time, getting pfd's, gw and have a couple of baddies that are falling off at the end of the year.  I'm hoping that over the next year by keeping my utilization under 30% and having some baddies fall off that I will earn some credit limit increases.  What did folks do to get credit limit increases?  Thanks for reading.

Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 651
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

4/2012 - EX: 512, TU: 527, EQ: 530
02/13: TU: 628 EQ: 678 EX: 632 (FAKO)
Get in the 700 Club in 2013
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

Re: re: Gardening

Congrats on your success.  I think time will get you some increases, once the creditor sees ontime payments for several months, I think you'll see some in the future. 

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: re: Gardening

Congrats on your success and good luck for the future! To answer your question, my personal experience with CLIs recently - I was approved for Amazon and Dillard's cards in late December, used and paid in full in January and February, and just found out today that Amazon bumped my limit up by $300, Dillard's by $900. Granted, I don't plan on ever coming close to maxing out either of those, but it's nice to have the cushion for your utilization and it's nice to be rewarded for being responsible. Smiley Happy

Best of luck!

Alicia
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.