Established Member
Yanzi2002

re-aged tradeline after paying judgment?

I had a default judgment placed against me by capital one in 2010. The original account shows the last activity in 2007. I'm trying to buy a home, but my credit score is sitting at 577 after close to 4 years of timely payments. I found out that capital one is showing the full balance of the judgment and that it's effecting my utilization (166%). Needless to say, I have to pay the judgment off. Just curious, is capital one going to update the tradeline from 2007 to 2012 even though I'm paying a lawyer and not directly through their company? I need every point I can get to reach 640!

Shogun

Re: re-aged tradeline after paying judgment?

Yanzi2002 wrote:

I had a default judgment placed against me by capital one in 2010. The original account shows the last activity in 2007. I'm trying to buy a home, but my credit score is sitting at 577 after close to 4 years of timely payments. I found out that capital one is showing the full balance of the judgment and that it's effecting my utilization (166%). Needless to say, I have to pay the judgment off. Just curious, is capital one going to update the tradeline from 2007 to 2012 even though I'm paying a lawyer and not directly through their company? I need every point I can get to reach 640!

The DOFD shouldn't change.  Once you get it paid off, see if the lawyer will vacate it.  Worth a try.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Established Member
Yanzi2002

Re: re-aged tradeline after paying judgment?

I'm definately going to try! Not sure how willing to cooperate they will be. They refused a settlement. Considered taking them to court to get it vacated because the court paperwork stated they served me personally, a 6 foot african american male in their 30's. I'm a 5'7 white female, mid 20's. Unfortunately, only 1 lawyer was willing to take my case and it would've cost me $1000. Delaware doesn't like to vacate judgments. I believe you get less than a month to appeal and it wasn't until 6 months ago that I found out it was there. The score simulator here says paying the debt should be enough to raise me to where I need to be.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}