Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-bucketing :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

re-bucketing :(

Well I had my final and last CA removed from my CBR today and my score dropped 20 points..I put in a lot of hard work rebuilding my credit only to have to start over again.

I had no idea about re-bucket, but after reading I think that's what has happen to me bummer.....

By the way the CA was only 7 months old so I don't think AaoA has anything to do with it!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: re-bucketing :(

What are the reasons in "Understanding your Score" section of your FICO report? Can you list the negatives and positives?

I'm assuming Collections was #1 on the old report. If it is now gone then you have moved to a different bucket that will let your score go up faster.

Message 2 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

@GregB wrote:

What are the reasons in "Understanding your Score" section of your FICO report? Can you list the negatives and positives?

I'm assuming Collections was #1 on the old report. If it is now gone then you have moved to a different bucket that will let your score go up faster.

AHA!  so that's what happened to me!  thanks for posting this.  i thought my score dropped solely to AAoA; i didn't consider rebucketing at all.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GregB wrote:

Thank you GregB for the super quick reply. Sorry I wasn't home to post back.

After some research I guess it could be my AAOA or Re-bucket either one wouldn't be that bad of a thing to deal with now that I have researched them, but here is two reports one from 12/17 and the other from 12/28

December 17,2011:
Hurting your score
1. Collection
2. Short account history (oldest account 2 years AAOA 11 months)
3. High credit usage
4. Recent collection

Helping your score
1. No missed payments
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 28,2011
Hurting your score
1. Short account history(Oldest account 2 years AAOA 10 months)
2. High credit usage
3. Seeking credit
4. Short revolving history

Helping your score
1. No missed payments

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.