Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reaging?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

reaging?????

In 1995 I settled with AMEX on an agreed upon sum and not for the full amount which was paid. My credit score average over the 3 CRAs has been 780 until Dec. of 08 when it dropped to 740. Amex had reported a negative to Experian which now shows status date of 5/2007 reported since 5/2007 and fall off in 2/2014 and date opened in 1995 with a creditor's statement reading: ACCOUNT LEGALLY PAID IN FULL FOR LESS THAN FULL BALANCE and a status of PAID IN SETTLEMENT. Do I construe this as REAGED? Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: reaging?????

Welcome to the forums!

Can copy/paste the account from your reports in this thread? I need to see it before I can answer your question.

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums!

Can copy/paste the account from your reports in this thread? I need to see it before I can answer your question.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed a reaged item on my credit report.  They reaged it to Jan 2016 I caught it in Feb.  I just saw now that they still have it on their but put it back to the correct dates.  I know I have read once they reage they have to delete yet they did not delete the account what do I do?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly does it say on the credit report? Copy/paste and we'll know what to tell you
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed a reaged item on my credit report.  They reaged it to Jan 2016 I caught it in Feb.  I just saw now that they still have it on their but put it back to the correct dates.  I know I have read once they reage they have to delete yet they did not delete the account what do I do?

Not sure where you read that but correcting the date is all they need to do.
Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Improper reaging is a term that is used to apply to reporting of a later DOFD to extend the credit report exclusion date.

The post does not specifically state that the reported derog was a charge-off or collection, which are the only types of derogs for which a DOFD is relevant, and the post does not assert that the creditor improperly changed the reported DOFD. 

In view of the facts stated in the post, I dont see any issue of improper reaging.

Status dates only refer to the status as of the date of a reporting, and the reported status can be a prior status that is merely continuing.

Status dates are not considered improper reaging of credit report exclusion dates.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. This thread is from 2009. That is all.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi. This thread is from 2009. That is all.
My response was to the post from 8/18/16 hence the reason I quoted that post in my reply.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply from 2016 I was misinformed and I appreciate your answer.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.