Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really weird situation that screwed up my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

really weird situation that screwed up my credit

I had a 39 month auto lease with INFINITI (NISSAN)

I ENROLLED in autopay from day one.

5 months into the lease the local tax rate switched from 7.5% to 8%.

All the lease payments up to 37 months still went through cause the dates i had the lease amounts debited from my checking acct covered it accordingly.

Suddenly 3 weeks before my last payment i received a letter saying my payment was late.

And the customer service rep explained to me the above.

Now i just got my 3 bureau credit report and all of them are saying month 38 and 39 were seriously delinquent.

They never tried to contact me or anything..

What can i do
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: really weird situation that screwed up my credit

Just one of the reasons I will not do auto payments.  Would rather take the few minutes required to manually make an electronic payment every month.  That way I know the amount is correct and the payment date is on me.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All the lease payments up to 37 months still went through cause the dates i had the lease amounts debited from my checking acct covered it accordingly.

Suddenly 3 weeks before my last payment i received a letter saying my payment was late.

Now i just got my 3 bureau credit report and all of them are saying month 38 and 39 were seriously delinquent.

What can i do

if I were in your shoes I'd attempt a goodwill letter. I'd take full responsibility for not checking the account and I'd  tell them exactly what you said above and ask them for a goodwill removal of the lates. I'd also add a line or two about how I intend to make sure I don't make the same mistake again. They'll say yes or no. Keep trying until you get them removed. Welcome to the forum.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, who should i write to?  

infiniti or the credit bureaus? 

also, email or hand write? 

Message 4 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

infiniti

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certified letter
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typed^
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What can i do

if I were in your shoes I'd attempt a goodwill letter. I'd take full responsibility for not checking the account and I'd  tell them exactly what you said above and ask them for a goodwill removal of the lates. I'd also add a line or two about how I intend to make sure I don't make the same mistake again. They'll say yes or no. Keep trying until you get them removed. Welcome to the forum.

I agree with PDXgigi - type the letter and mail it off to Infiniti with the address from the credit report.

It is always considered better form to write out a letter, and in your best interests to mail it CMRRR with the registration number from the Post Office included on the letter, verifying you mailed it off to them and you are serious about communicating your message to them.

If it isnt successful this time, try again in 2 or 3 months.

Keep any correspondence from them and you can use it in case you need to apply for other auto financing to help explain two lates.

HTH

Message 8 of 9
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Phil, I have a letter sample if you would like a sample.  Just private message me via myFICO and I will send it to you.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.