Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuild credit after foreclosure?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuild credit after foreclosure?

First off my credit score is 427. I have a foreclosure coming in about 2 weeks. Not wanting at all to save it at this point. So moving forward, what can I do? I've applied for secured credit cards and denied. I'd do have an auto loan co-signed with my dad that I am current on. Moving in with relatives so I will be able to save significantly. Do I pay off the car as quick as possible or make payments on time till the end? Any help at all is appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: rebuild credit after foreclosure?

@Anonymous wrote:
First off my credit score is 427. I have a foreclosure coming in about 2 weeks. Not wanting at all to save it at this point. So moving forward, what can I do? I've applied for secured credit cards and denied. I'd do have an auto loan co-signed with my dad that I am current on. Moving in with relatives so I will be able to save significantly. Do I pay off the car as quick as possible or make payments on time till the end? Any help at all is appreciated.

If that score isnt a Fico score I would not worry about it. Installment loans do not have the impact revolving credit cards do so you dont want to just pay off the car loan especially if its your only installment loan as that would decrease your Fico 8 score, once you have built up a revolving card base then you can move to pay off the car loan. Get the first secured card from Open Sky there is no credit check for it and treat it like gold, you can also check your local CUs to see if they have a secured card they may be more willing to help than a bank. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the info. I will do that. Hopefully I will be on my way to better things.
Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Good luck with your rebuildSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.