Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuild progress report

tag
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

rebuild progress report

Good morning.  So I figured I'd put up my rebuild progress to make sure I'm doing alright...  

4/2016 Filed chapter 7 bk.  Included couple hundred thousand in medical bills, as well as Ally auto loan, local credit union car loan, NFCU, Capital One, Barclay, Synchrony (Walmart and Old Navy), Kohls, and Credit One.  Discharged without any issue in July, 2016.

Current stuff:

The day following discharge, I bought a new (to me) car.  I bought a cash beater about a year prior after I had surrendered the Ally auto loan, and this beater was on its last leg.  New car I purchased is a 2008 Chevy Impala.  61k miles, one owner and dealer maintained since new.  I added a 3/36k comprehensive warranty to it.  I work at the dealership, so I got it for the trade amount we took it in for, plus warranty, tax and title.  Traded in the beater Odyssey for $750.  Total amount financed was around $7500.  

Consumer Portfolio Services is the lender, 21.9% is the rate, $185 payment.  I've heard all kinda of horror stories about this place, but I've heard not one word from them so far.  Of course, I've paid the payment early and for more than the amount due.  It's only been two months, though, so...  

I am blacklisted with Capital One.  IDK how they figure their list, but I'm on it.  They won't even pull my credit.  Credit One also blacklisted me.  I included both of them, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.  Credit One, I don't care.  Cap One would have been nice.  Oh well.  

I have a secured credit card with USAA.  $500 balance, pif every month, but it does carry a balance at statement date.  Small one, though.  I think this month it was $108.

Also a secured card with Fifth Third Bank.  $500 on that one, too.  I paid my electric bill on this one.  Also PIF every month.  Nothin carries.

Victorias Secret card for my wife.  She's hot, so I don't mind.  Smiley Happy  $250 limit, heavy usage, pif every month.  

Express card.  Got it with SCT.  $250 limit.  I used it for a pair of socks I needed anyway.  That's really all I buy there.  Ever.  

Scores have gone from the mid 400's right before filing to low 600s now.  Ex-620, TU-601, EQ-610

Right now I'm gardening.  

Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: rebuild progress report

From what I understand about Cap1 is that they'll usually let you back in a year after the BK.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap Ones blacklist is 12 months from the time the account was charged off.

Message 3 of 6
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

So would the charge off date be the date of filing then? Or of discharge? It wasn't ever late prior to filing so I'm not sure what it would be.
Scores as of 04/2021

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discharge date would be when the account was charged off, if it was not already defaulted. So you should be good to app in July of next year. But since they do not even do a credit pull when your blacklisted, I would go ahead and try in April anyway - it can't hurt.

Message 5 of 6
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Good to know. I'll see where I'm at next year. Hopefully I'm rebuilt and won't need cap one. I want to get a decent unsecured card at some point so I can close the secured ones. I could probably close the express store card as it's doing nothing for me, but I should probably keep it to help add positive TL after the bk.
Scores as of 04/2021

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.