Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding and trouble with first premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilding and trouble with first premier

So I tried the 623 dispute as it is reporting different dates with CRA and received notice that they cant control how the CRA reports the info and that they gave the same info even though balances do not match up and so I went ahead and filed a dispute with the BBB. WHat happens if they do not respond?

This is really holding me back as it is my only C/O and I have gotten most collections removed only have 2 others left working on now. What do I do if it is not removed is there anything else I can do to raise my scores and make companies give me credit cards as this has been main reason for denial?

I recently opened up a few trade lines and a Credit card with credit one which isnt reporting yet but the trade lines are to try to establish some good payment history and reporting as I dont have many things reporting but I do have a car loan that has been current and showing for 2 years as paid. Any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rebuilding and trouble with first premier

How old is the CO?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was charged off in 2011. on experian it says 4/2011 on tu it says 5/2011 and on eq it is showing charged off but open and hurting my utilizatin

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is the specific date and balance that was disputed?

If the debt was delinquent and charged-off, then whatever you are disputing is basis for correction of that inaccuracy, such as an amount, and not for deletion of the entire reporting of the CO itself. 

The date that a credtior reports a CO can clearly differ with different CRAs.  That is only the date they decided to report the CO.

Creditors do not report the date they actually took that internal business action, as it is irrelevant to credit reporting.  Once the report that they have taken a charge-off, they are then required to additionally report the DOFD that preceded the CO.  Reporting ot the DOFD must be done no later than 90 days after reporting of the COl  FCRA 623(a)(5).

What date did you dispute?  What balance did you dispute, the reported amount of their charge-off or the current debt balance?

Are the "inconsistencies" related to balances on the same or different dates?

As for effect nn your utilization, update to closed would not remove it from inclusiion in your percent util scoring.

Dispute would be over lack of update to closed, as almost all credit cards are closed to further use by the consumer either before or at time of charge-off.

That does not remove it from inclusion in your % util.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed about a month ago as I just pulled credit reports to rebuild. The amounts of charge off of same date are different one is 430 one is 467.
Message 5 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You can, if you feel that the amount charged-off is a factual amount, and thus must be reported the same with each CRA, send a formal complaint to the CFPB for their improper verification of the accuracy of the reporting.  However, the outcome would be compelling that the accurate amount by shown with each CRA, not that their reportng that they took a charge-off be deleted.

Message 6 of 10
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

So you have 2 tradelines? the Credit One,and and Auto? What about First Premier?
If you have FP,CO and and Auto,,you could do a secured card to get you going,,,pay these on time all the time,,and as scores improve get some other things to replace FP & CO...
I didn't address the C/Os b/c great other advice already given about those...
Do you know what your current scores are? that would also be nice in knowing where to start,,,how many Inquires do you have on reports in last 2 yrs?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

the fp is an old charge off but i have Credit one the auto and some deferred student loans. I was thinking to get the capital one secured as ive heard good things. My TU says 616 from CK and equifax 592 on CK and my experian is 626 from FICO, was 651 but dropped for a collection that updated as unpaid even though it is like 3 years old.

I have 2 medical collections for like $70 i sent PFD letters to just waiting to hear and another from 2013 im tring to get hospital to let me pay them and recall from CA

Message 8 of 10
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

So, like some others stated continue to work on the collections, the C1 sec. card sounds great and Discover has one also,,and others ..if possible.. it is believed to have 3 tradelines in good standing .. Looks like a workable plan,,keep reading up on coll. suggestions and hopefully they will remove the 2 med. coll....keep what accts. you have & get pd. and on time...remember it's a work in progress...
Good luck 2 ya...

Message 9 of 10
OCIL
Valued Member

I saw you post on First Premier. I was struggling with them with collection efforts that I was ignoring. Finally after reading the forums here I followed some advice. Check all 3 of your "real" credit reports and look for any discrepencies. If they are reporting differently on each credit report you may be in luck. I will share a letter I just received back from them today.

"This letter is in response to correspondence we received from you on November 30,2015. You expressed concern regarding how the above credit card account is reporting to the consumer reporting agencies and indicated that the account may not be yours.

This account was set up for you in January 2010 and charged off in January 2011 with a balance of $3xx.xx. This remains the balance today. A charged off account normally remains on the cardholder’s credit report for seven years.

You included documentation that reflected discrepancies in credit reporting. For this reason, and due to the time that has passed, we requested that this account be deleted from the consumer reporting agencies. Please allow approximately 30 days for the update. We ceased all outbound collection efforts on this account.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

If you have any further questions, please email us."

I sent them a copy of their reporting on all of my credit reports to go with my letter. 

Here is my letter:

To Whom It May Concern:

This is a Notice of Direct Dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have posted to my credit file. After some further investigation on my part, I am concerned that these accounts may not belong to me, and/or the reporting to Equifax, Experian  and Transunion may be inaccurate. In compliance with FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), and enacting regulations published at 74 Fed Reg 31484 (July  1, 2009), this Notice includes:

Identification of the specific information being disputed

Transunion, Experian and Equifax reporting for Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I do not have the last 4 digits of the account number as they are blocked out on my credit reports.

Basis for the dispute:

On Equifax Account Number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX status is CHARGE-OFF with payment history of 30 days late Nov 2010, and 60 days late Dec 2010, then ok history until charged off on Nov 2012, Apr 2013, and Nov 2013, but Experian shows 30 days late on Nov 2010, and 60 days late on Dec 2010 then charged off Jan of 2011. Then Transunion reports 30 days late Sep 2010, 60 days late Oct 2010, 90 days late Nov 2010, 120 days late Dec 2010, and 120 days late Jan 2011, then charged off Feb 2011.

Supporting documentation:

I have included the excerpts of my credit reports showing how these accounts are reporting

Under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(E), you have the duty to review all of the information in this Notice of Dispute, to complete your investigation, and report back to me the results of your investigation, within 30-days of my Notice of Dispute.

In addition, I humbly request that you provide me with complete transaction and payment history, a copy of any signed contracts or agreements, and total outstanding balance you believe I owe.

Thank You,

My Name.

I hope this helps you in some way shape or form.

Starting Scores Jun 2015: Eq 556 TU 583 Ex 611
Current Scores 9/25/15: Eq 562 TU 571 Ex 587
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.