Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding credit and requesting assistance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilding credit and requesting assistance

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting in the forum after many months of reading different topics. I am in the process of rebuilding my credit with the hope of buying a home within the next 12-18 months. I will list my credit history below:

EQ 539 TU 577 EX 545 (after FP update on 3/14)

Discover It secured (new this month) $200 Cl, I plan to increase the deposit early next month.

Verve $625 CL

Credit one $400 CL (opened in Oct 2015, and denied CLI last week)

Fingerhut $200 CL (have the card for 2 years and no CL)

Capital one-Authorized user. I applied for a secured card, but was denied. I email the EO on 3/13 and now waiting for a response.

Loans

1, car loan is current

2. Santander-one repo back in 2014. I was not notified that the car was sold and is filling a BBS complaint. I had another loan with them that was paid in 2013, but it is reporting serious delinquency

3. Student loans through GreatLakes (balances are $300,00 which are from masters and phd program); I receive roughly $10k a year to pay towards the balance from the state. Its a loan assumption program. I paid them every month as well.

4. Perkins loan through ESCI-showing 2 payments late

Negatives:

1. First Premier Bank- I had 2 cards with them until they closed both of them in 2015. One was current and they still closed it. I was paying it until January when they stopped sending statements. The other one I stopped paying it. I disputed a car rental charge. I worked to get the charges reversed. However, I discovered that FP never paid the beginning amount. I had prove from the Merchant card services company they used. So they are charging me for something that they never paid. Ive disputed the charged with the CRA's, I am filing a BBS compliant against them. Both cards continue to show delinquency. They updated yesterday and my scores dropped 19 points on all 3 CRA's.

2. Verve card shows 4 missed payments in 2015. I sent a GW letter yesterday. During that time, I was in a car accident, ended up with a concussion and other medical concerns.

3. Continental finance charge off that was paid in 2011. However, it is showing as charge-off. I disputed with CRA's to show paid. I am sending a GW letter for early removal.

4. 2 bills for $600 and $165 both charged off in 2011

5. Pinnacle credit for verizon bill ($1200). The bill was for a family member. It will fall off in 6/17

6. Comcast bill $327 with DOD 12/11

7. Direct tv $435 with DOD 3/14

8. A utility bill collection that was paid in 2011. I am sending a GW letter for removal.

My questions are as follow:

1, Should I pay off the 2 bills from 2011, PFD or way until they fall in 2018? I would prefer for them to not show at all when I apply for a mortgage.

2.  What is the best way to improve my score?

2.  Any other suggestions you may have?

Thank you advance for your help Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: rebuilding credit and requesting assistance

ttt

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No replies? over 150 views. I will delete this post later today

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to get your debt under control. That isn't to say you have a spending problem, but you have a large amount owed based on what you've posted.

Try PFDs on the open accounts. If that fails, settle them and start a GW campaign. At least the underwriters won't see several outstanding accounts.

Just start with the low hanging fruit and get it cleaned up. Even if you have derogs, make sure they're squeaky clean (paid, closed if you can't get them removed). You'll be better off if you can walk into underwriting with a lower debt amount. Have at least a year from the last deliquency on anything.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.