Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding to buy a home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilding to buy a home

i am trying to rebuild my credit to purchase a home hopefully this year but have a few things on my credit that i need advice on.  I have a repo charge off thats due to fall on next year october 2017. since i want to buy a home this year should i contact the new CA and find out the status? i haven't received anything from them regarding the debt. Or should i let it be since its due to fall off next year. Also, i have 1 collection which is a paid medical collection.  If i attempt a GW campain for removal, will this help to increase my score?  any advice is appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rebuilding to buy a home

@Anonymous wrote:

i am trying to rebuild my credit to purchase a home hopefully this year but have a few things on my credit that i need advice on.  I have a repo charge off thats due to fall on next year october 2017. since i want to buy a home this year should i contact the new CA and find out the status? i haven't received anything from them regarding the debt. Or should i let it be since its due to fall off next year. Also, i have 1 collection which is a paid medical collection.  If i attempt a GW campain for removal, will this help to increase my score?  any advice is appreciated.

First off - do you know your scores? Do you have any current credit accounts? Have you visited a mortgage broker?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

my scores are EQ 592, TU 603 and EX 583.

Cap 1 QS Cc 0/300

Cap1 Plat Cc 0/300

im enrolled in the credit steps program and should have a CLI at the end of this month

NFCU cc 400/1400

i visited a LO in November and she wasnt really helpful. she told me some things to work on and i have but has not kept in touch with me.  The LO did tell me i couldn't have any charge offs but did not advise me on how to get rid of it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this a LO at bank or lender, or an actual mortgage broker? When were those revolving accounts opened? What type of mortgage program do you plan on using?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm not sure but i believe she was a LO at a bank. ive lost contact with her back in November. i have 3 revolving accounts. 2 were opened in October and 1 opened in November.  I'm not sure on what mortgage program i should use yet. probably FHA if i can apply without my wife.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i'm not sure but i believe she was a LO at a bank. ive lost contact with her back in November. i have 3 revolving accounts. 2 were opened in October and 1 opened in November.  I'm not sure on what mortgage program i should use yet. probably FHA if i can apply without my wife.

Go to an actual mortgage broker, they have literally dozens of different lenders to choose from that have much less stringent requirements.

You should be able to apply without your wife as long as you are not going to rely on her income, if any.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.