Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding with capital one

tag
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

rebuilding with capital one

almost 5yrs ago i started out with a capital one platinum card, $300 limit. over the years i got auto CLI and today im at 3,500. 2yrs ago i got my capital one QS card with a $500 limit. that was auto increased to 2,300 6 months ago. today i checked my qs account to find i got another CLI, this time to $6,300. since my rebuilding started ive been able to obtain the cap 1 cards as well as discover, barclays, and some store cards like walmart, amazon and goodys. my highest score sits today at 711 and my lowest at 696. from where i started 5yrs ago, im very pleased. rebuilding is a slow process but worth it. we all do stupid things and when we are young we sometimes dont understand the importance of being responsible and realizing what a valuable asset it is to have good credit. now that im older ive learned from my mistakes and now i get a chance to do things right. ive worked very hard at rebuilding my credit. ive got a lot of help and advice from myfico.com. thanks guys for taking the time to help and answer questions. i hope to share my experiences to help others rebuild their credit.

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: rebuilding with capital one

Love the story. Rebuilding gets frustating but by the time it's complete you really feel accomplished and you know what it takes to remain in good standing. Keep up the great work!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Awesome Job & Great Motivation! Your history has helped put the wind back in my sails! Smiley Happy

CapOne has been my rebuilding tool, along with adding Barclay, Walmart, and VS these past 4 months.  Now to get the utilization back down after college visits earlier last month and hope to see some score and mostly CLI increases...hopefully in gusts and not summer breeze fashion! Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

Wow. Good for you. I was recently approved for a Capital One secured card. I hope to get to where you are in the next year or so.  Congratulations!

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 4 of 5
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Congrats on the rebuilding success story.  It definitely makes me see the positive side of the hard work and credit building process.  Thanks for sharing.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.