Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilding

Hi, this is my first post.

Currently, my credit score is pretty sucky. I've also opened a lot of accounts in the past year. Walmart($500), Target($400) Victorias Secret ($650), NY&Co($300), Buckle($300), Bloomingdales ($800), Macys($300), Maurices ($250), Express ($300), Pac Sun($300), Pier 1 ($300) Younkers ($300), Capital One ($2000), Capital One($2000), and another Capital One($2000) that was opened in 2014

My last late payment was 12 months ago as of January. I do have two collection accounts. An Amazon store card for $885 from 2011 and an energy bill of $112 (didn't know that was there) - should I just go ahead and pay these off? I've heard conflicting things about paying them or not...

I am using 35% utilization. I use the Capital One cards heavily and pay them off. and I do also have student loans. Last year they were approved for deferrment because I was going to return to school, but for some reason that didn't happen and I was unaware that I had to pay them yet. So.. there's some hefty late payments on my account (for roughly 6 months) I know, that's really bad.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. No more apps.. "garden" the accounts that I do have and continue making timely payments.

Equifax 589 / TU 600 / Experian 598

Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: rebuilding

ttt

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.