Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilt carefully

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rebuilt carefully

My story is like the many here...was a fool during my earlier stint in the USA and made a mess of credit with 20 enquiries within 6 months, maxing out CCs, not paying on time...you name a thing that should not be done with personal finance and I'd have done that...

It was destined for me to be back in the USA and this time, armed with all the experience and most importantly, GOOD intentions, paid back most part of a big loan, consulted a Law Firm (not sure if I can name them) who helped me get the bad entries removed and going with a mix of secured and unsecured cards - done most of the right things this time.

Result - staring in my face - all the 3 bureau scores jumped 620+ (from 550 or so) with zero negative items in my report. Am I glad? yes but also can't stop cursing myself for being the biggest fool in life for taking finances so lightly.

A secured card with $1500 limit and 3 unsecured cards with a combined limit of $4300, went a step further and got a $8500 personal loan from Avant. Never have missed a payment since Sept 14. Also got a Fingerhut credit ($300 > $600 > $1300 now). Debt/Credit ratio is about 18%.

Hoping to be in the 700+ range soon.

Thanks to all those who posted on this site and also to those who helped by advising/sharing and caring. Though I didn't post in the past few months, have been an avid follower and I'd not hesitate to say that part of my success is owed to this forum.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rebuilt carefully

@Anonymous wrote:

My story is like the many here...was a fool during my earlier stint in the USA and made a mess of credit with 20 enquiries within 6 months, maxing out CCs, not paying on time...you name a thing that should not be done with personal finance and I'd have done that...

It was destined for me to be back in the USA and this time, armed with all the experience and most importantly, GOOD intentions, paid back most part of a big loan, consulted a Law Firm (not sure if I can name them) who helped me get the bad entries removed and going with a mix of secured and unsecured cards - done most of the right things this time.

Result - staring in my face - all the 3 bureau scores jumped 620+ (from 550 or so) with zero negative items in my report. Am I glad? yes but also can't stop cursing myself for being the biggest fool in life for taking finances so lightly.

A secured card with $1500 limit and 3 unsecured cards with a combined limit of $4300, went a step further and got a $8500 personal loan from Avant. Never have missed a payment since Sept 14. Also got a Fingerhut credit ($300 > $600 > $1300 now). Debt/Credit ratio is about 18%.

Hoping to be in the 700+ range soon.

Thanks to all those who posted on this site and also to those who helped by advising/sharing and caring. Though I didn't post in the past few months, have been an avid follower and I'd not hesitate to say that part of my success is owed to this forum.

Great job! Keep doing what you're doing and it will keep paying off! My story is very similar to yours so I know the feeling. It's feels awsome!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rebuilt carefully

You are off to a great start! Life is about starting over when you learn more. Good work!

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 4; TU: 6; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.