Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removing collections

I called medical revenue services. I have a collection account of 75 from dec of 2008. Tried to negotiate over the phone regarding pay for delete. I was told that they do not have a letterhead stating they would take it off my credit report. I was informed that they can send me a letter stating a zero balance so that i can fax to the credit reporting agency. They also stated that the account is due to fall off soon as well.

my question is would this be a good route to go or should I send a pay for delete letter? Has any body had this type of experience?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sge760
Contributor

Re: removing collections

Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@sge760 wrote:

Anytime I didnt receive a PFD, I would just pay in full and then dispute with the credit bureaus a week later and the collections would fall off. This worked 3 or 4 times with different collection agencies.  Obviously it depends on who you're dealing with, but I dont see why a collection agency would go through the trouble of verifying an account, with the credit bureaus, if it's been satisfied

Also, Ive had a representative tell me to "goodwill" it after I have paid my debt with them. Ask for a supervisors fax # or email before you give them your payment information, then write to supervisor requesting that the account be deleted.  It worked the one time I had to try this method.

All mine fell off, but I was willing to take a chance after several attempts to pay for delete via phone, email and us postal.

What would you dispute? You concede the information is accurate when you PIF.

Message 3 of 4
hypnoticf22

My collection is accurate that's why I would be hesitant to use this method of disputing after paying the account. I haven't read anything on the forum of sending in a letter from the collections agency to the credit bureaus myself as well as to why I am hesitant in regards to this situation. 

If anyone has had any experience with this would you please advise?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.