cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing hit from Verizon Wireless ETF that went into collections

tag
tpham

removing hit from Verizon Wireless ETF that went into collections

Anyone ever have any luck with getting Verizon to remove a trade line?  I disconnected from Verizon about 3 years ago and received an ETF.  I setup a payment plan with VZW to pay on teh balance but for whatever reason, the payments never came through.  Me, being irresponsible, let it go until one day collections called me.  I settled for 55% of the balance if I remember correctly.  I moved to ATT and now back to Verizon so I thought I'd call and try to get it removed.  I explained to their collections department about the reason my account went into collections in hopes for a Goodwill but no go.   The hit shows up on my MyFico TU report but does not have a "negative indicator" flag.  Does this mean its not affecting my credit? If so, whats the point of it being on there?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: removing hit from Verizon Wireless ETF that went into collections

FICO scores individual delinquencies in your credit file, and not "red flag indictors" you see in a commercial credit report.

If the derog or delinquency was reported to the CRA, and is thus showing in your CR, FICO is scoring it.

"Negative indicator flags" are not a formal part of your credit file.  They are an interpretation of a derog by whomever produced your consumer CR.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.