Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing inquiries on report??

tag
tayloreat713
New Contributor

removing inquiries on report??

Anyone been able to remove credit inquiries and have their score increase due to inquiries being removed??
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: removing inquiries on report??

@tayloreat713 wrote:
Anyone been able to remove credit inquiries and have their score increase due to inquiries being removed??

How are you removing inq's? 

Message 2 of 6
tayloreat713
New Contributor

I was told you can send a letter to each creditor listed on your report and they have to verify they have gotten your permission to hard pull your credit. Even if you did apply for credit it is their respondsibility to maintain documentation of that fact. I have noticed a few inquiries removed and my score increased by a few points each time.

Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@tayloreat713 wrote:

I was told you can send a letter to each creditor listed on your report and they have to verify they have gotten your permission to hard pull your credit. Even if you did apply for credit it is their respondsibility to maintain documentation of that fact. I have noticed a few inquiries removed and my score increased by a few points each time.

Disputing accurate data on your credit reports is unethical and not what the dispute process is for.  I would advise you to work on your baddies and stop applying for cc's and disputing the app after the fact. 
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update from anyone on this matter. i need inquiries removed from my file.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Any update from anyone on this matter. i need inquiries removed from my file.

As this thread is over a year old and the OP hasnt been online in more than a year it is being closed to further discussion. As stated by another moderator it would not be kosher to dispute valid inquiries. The only way to properly attempt this is to send a GW letter request to the creditor asking if they will remove it. I dont think its worth the time as it is rarely granted. Inquiries are overrated, they dont affect your Fico score post 1 year and if a creditor wants to do business with you they are going to do so irragardless of the amount of inquiries.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.