Did you mean: 

repair for FHA loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

repair for FHA loan

Been reading all these boards for hours and feeling depressed. so here goes: 

my rap sheet:

1 open Navient student loan on time no late pays (8,000 left)

Recent Charge off from Chase Credit card for $2750 but no collection agency yet

Portfolio trying to collect for Capital One 1750 (but no Capital One Charge off showing for Capital one)

Target Visa card which was settled for less then full amount

Gap Card shows closed by Grantor but i paid the card off the whole time, late payment showing from 2014

Care Card (dental/medical card) Closed by Grantor but all payments made and showing late payment from 2 years ago

Walmart closed by grantor (limit was $100 and I never used it so they closed it)

No car payments (we own our clunkers) and I just got a Kohls card for $300 to try and show some new credit (will float balance one month and pay balance)

My score is 600 across all Agencies.

I want to get an FHA loan (with my husband but i will post his info later)

My concern is the Portfolio collection and the Chase chargeoff. If i pay portfolio , i am hearing horror stories here. I guess Chase i can contact but I cannot afford a Pay for Delete at full payment and since its already charged off and not in another collection agency yet...what is the best way to settle that?

I keep hearing that Charge Offs regardless if paid at less amount or not still can be an issue with FHA loans so is it worth it to show "paid at less the settled amount"?

Anyone have ideas for me? all the cards above except my student loan are showing as negative accounts because of late payments once or twice from over 2 or 3 years ago even though they were paid off and closed in the last year.

I just not sure how to fix or if I have any recourse to make this better.  Your board is awesome.

Thanks...Me.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: repair for FHA loan

ttt

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.