Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repo on credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

repo on credit report

I have a repo on my credit that should not be there.  The truck was used as a tradein and after a month of not hearing from the dealer we returned the new vehicle and asked for our tradein back.  We were told they had alreadysold our tradein to later get a letter saying it had been repoed.  We even made a payment at the dealership over the phone to the bank so we could use it as a tradein with the dealership giving us a reciept for the bank.  Now the bank wants us to pay for what they didn't make when they auctioned the vehicle.  What can I do to get it taken off?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: repo on credit report

Do you still have the vehicle you got after the trade-in? Are you sure that is not what is showing as a repo? Something does not seem right here.

I had a trade-in that showed up as 2 30 day lates 5 months after I traded it in. I disputed it and it was fixed.

If it was used as a trade-in the finance company should have been paid off.
Message 2 of 5
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

guiness56 wrote:
Do you still have the vehicle you got after the trade-in? Are you sure that is not what is showing as a repo? Something does not seem right here.

I had a trade-in that showed up as 2 30 day lates 5 months after I traded it in. I disputed it and it was fixed.

If it was used as a trade-in the finance company should have been paid off.

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 3 of 5
js0319
Established Contributor

Are you sure the new car you returned wasn't listed as a voluntary repo since it was returned?

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

This thread got bumped and the OP hasn't been on since 2008.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.