Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report disputes

tag
cortney06
New Visitor

report disputes

I had a Walmart charge card...maxed it out and it went to collections. Well now i have the Walmart account as well as the collection agency my account was sold to. Is there any way i can remove the Walmart account being that it's basically a duplicated account now on my report?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Drsgwld
Frequent Contributor

Re: report disputes

Yes! For example, if Equifax has both the collection agency and the original holder, dispute as a duplicate with Equifax. Now if Equifax has Walmart and TU has the collection agency, there is not much you can do unless info is incorrect. My advice, get it paid off ASAP, then ask for a GW if you had impending circumstances out of your control.
Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@cortney06 wrote:
I had a Walmart charge card...maxed it out and it went to collections. Well now i have the Walmart account as well as the collection agency my account was sold to. Is there any way i can remove the Walmart account being that it's basically a duplicated account now on my report?

No, the OC (Walmart) and their CA (only 1 at a time) can report at the same time, its perfectly legal.

Message 3 of 4
IamB2
Established Contributor

@cortney06 wrote:

My understanding is that you can not dispute this, unless they are both reporting a balance. If walmart sold the account to the collection agency, they must update their balance to show as $0. But they are not obligated to remove the account. This is accurately reported. 

If both of them are showing a balance, then yes, you should be able to dispute it so the balance can be updated by the original creditor.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.