Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reported late on $2 interest I didn't know about

tag
nanrobbi
Established Member

reported late on $2 interest I didn't know about

I recently paid off a Best Buy credit card.  A month or so later I received an electronic
message that I was "late" on $3.00 remaining on the acct, (interest incurred)  and I paid it the same day. Since the $3.00 in interest was "late" when I paid that, I incurred another $2.00 in interest
I wasn't aware of.  I got an electronic message again telling me that I was late, so I
called, explained the situation and they removed the $2.00, and assured me my balance
was 0, and I was paid up to date.  When I checked my FICO score - the same company
reported me over 120 days late on $2, which I think is not only wrong, but a sleezy thing
to do.  It only made my score go down 1 point.  THis is frustrating, and I feel my time
is imposed upon to do letter writing and arguing over $2, I was so proud I paid off the card
and was getting ahead.  I only get estatements on this card and as soon as I was aware of
the few dollars, I straightened it out.  I'm assuming if I write a letter they will remove this????
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: reported late on $2 interest I didn't know about

nanrobbi wrote:
I recently paid off a Best Buy credit card.  A month or so later I received an electronic
message that I was "late" on $3.00 remaining on the acct, (interest incurred)  and I paid it the same day. Since the $3.00 in interest was "late" when I paid that, I incurred another $2.00 in interest
I wasn't aware of.  I got an electronic message again telling me that I was late, so I
called, explained the situation and they removed the $2.00, and assured me my balance
was 0, and I was paid up to date.  When I checked my FICO score - the same company
reported me over 120 days late on $2, which I think is not only wrong, but a sleezy thing
to do.  It only made my score go down 1 point.  THis is frustrating, and I feel my time
is imposed upon to do letter writing and arguing over $2, I was so proud I paid off the card
and was getting ahead.  I only get estatements on this card and as soon as I was aware of
the few dollars, I straightened it out.  I'm assuming if I write a letter they will remove this????

Was that a FAKO or FICO score that changed?
I would call them and speak with someone about the late notation.
Message 2 of 3
nanrobbi
Established Member

Re: reported late on $2 interest I didn't know about

It was the true FICO score on this site.  It hurt to see the report 120 days late!  I would never
do that.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.