Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting

tag
Goodness
Regular Contributor

reporting

ERC has reported a debt that is in dispute with tmobile but never notified that they had collection , reported on all 3 CR this past week , I thought I had to be notified to dispute if my choice before reporting to CR, was told could place on report day one of receiving collection. How do I dispute this
EQ 645 EX 651 TU 703 fico 8 (5/15)
MORTAGE SCORES EQ 665 EX 604 TU 688 (5/15)
Goal 700 by end of 2015
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: reporting

There is no requirement that a consumer be notified before a debt collector can report their collection.

As for a dispute, first, the creditor had the right, at any time, to hire a debt collector for collection assistance.

Once the debt collector has legitimate collection authority, they are entitled to report their collection to the CRAs.

Reporting of a collection has been held, under case law, to then trigger the requirment of the debt collector to send dunning notice within 5 days, but notice is not required to be provided to the consumer prior to reporting.

I see no inaccuracy in the assignment to the debt collector, or in the reporting of the collection.

Thus, there is no basis for a dispute on those grounds.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: reporting

You need to work with TMobile to have the debt recalled from collections. Try going through the Executive Office, the CEO seems willing as of late to improve their public image regarding prior poor customer service.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.