Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

response from Amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

response from Amazon

I have a charge off with Amazon in the amount of $496, and I mailed out a letter to them may 31st, but had not heard anything.  I found an email address and emailed the letter  2 days ago to them and this morning i received a response that they had received it and are reviewing my concern.  It says "this email is merely an interim response to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence. We will be responding to your concern within 7-10 days by mail."  It also gives a number I can call if I would like to speak with them......  My letter was basically a pfd letter, but in it i did not acknowledge that it was my account to be on the safe side.   This is a good thing, right? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: response from Amazon

How they respond will likely depend upon how they interpret your communication.

Many consumers cannot resist the impulse to include extensive arguments within a PFD offer that the debt or some reporting is not valid or is inaccurate.

That runs the risk of the communication being treated as a direct dispute rather than a PFD offer.

Yes, it is wise not to admit to the debt, but a simple statement that the debt is not acknowledged is adequate.

Their response may be by way of reporting a dispute to the CRA, and sending a verification of accuracy of their reporting.

You may not receive any consideration of the PFD.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: response from Amazon

Agree. How they respond will determine the outcome for you. They could acceot the PFD, or verify it. They may even ask for payment, but say they won't delete. I guess the best thing you can do is play nice with them during the process and hope for them to be willing to delete it. Best of luck on the outcome.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.