Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

response from GW to Arrow

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

response from GW to Arrow

i GW'd Arrow last week for an account that was paid on a settlement offer three years ago.  It is on my CRs with a 0 balance by the OC and Arrow.  Today I received a letter from Arrow that says:  "In light of the information you have provided to us, we have closed this account and have ceased all further collection efforts. Please note that Arrow is not reporting any information regarding this account to any credit reporting agency." 

Silly question, but does this mean they are deleting it from my CRs? I never GW'd before, so I am not sure.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: response from GW to Arrow

Well, they didn't really say that they sent a request to the CRAs to remove it. They did say they would cease all collection activities, which can include CRA reporting. I'd give it 30 days and if it's still there, try the GW again nicely stressing your request for them to delete.

IMO - they are going to

ETA: After re-reading that, I think they just haven't been updating to the CRAs and probably just mean that they won't. I'd actually send a follow up GW and ask "so, you will ask the CRAs to remove your previous tradeline for the collection?" Just to clarify

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is pretty much what i did ask them to do since the account was paid. but i just got a new tu report and it is stil there, but my score when up 20 pts. since 03/09/12 when i last got one. i guess i will give it some time and see if it is removed. the letter was dated 03/21.

Message 3 of 11
somotao
Frequent Contributor

I received a similar response to a GW I had sent to Arrow and a few days later it was off my credit reports. Based on my experience you should have similar outcome

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 4 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i GW'd Arrow last week for an account that was paid on a settlement offer three years ago.  It is on my CRs with a 0 balance by the OC and Arrow.  Today I received a letter from Arrow that says:  "In light of the information you have provided to us, we have closed this account and have ceased all further collection efforts. Please note that Arrow is not reporting any information regarding this account to any credit reporting agency." 

Silly question, but does this mean they are deleting it from my CRs? I never GW'd before, so I am not sure.

I think CA's sometimes avoid definite deletion talk on repsonse letters for legal reasons..

What you describe sounds like a deletion to me... I am sure it will fall off

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got a SW alert and I went up 2 more points on EQ!. It could be due to balances being paid down a little more, or somthing changed on my credit report.  2 points is not enough to pull a report though, but I would love to know what caused the change.  I wish SW was more detailed about it, but I guess if it were, no one would need to buy new reports all the time.  haha.

Message 6 of 11
wilsoga1
Valued Member

I recieved the exact same response from them about a month ago, and it's still on my CR....I will give them a couple more weeks.

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 745 6/20/16

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arrow has finally been deleted as of 04/24/12 and LVNV!

Message 8 of 11
wilsoga1
Valued Member

Congrats, just checked and Arrow is off of my CR as well!!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 505 1/15/12
Current Score: 745 6/20/16

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yay!!Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.