Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

results from GW letter?

tag
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

results from GW letter?

Ok I'm cleaning up all my old baddies.  I've got a couple small med collections that I'm offering to pfd.  A judgment that will be paid - It would be nice if they delete it, but I'm not worried about it right now.  A current good, never late account at a retailer.  Old student loans that are reporting as paid off with no lates - not true, but I'm not going to dispute that gift!  And an old GMAC car loan that I had 10 30-day lates over the 4 year term.  These lates occurred while I was waiting for my disability to be approved, and my ex stopped paying child support. 

Over the weekend I sent GMAC a goodwill letter explaining what happened and how I did my best to make sure the account never got seriously delinquent. and would they please consider removing the lates that occured during my time on disability, and how much I'd love to have another account with them some day, etc...

First - anyone had success with GMAC?

Second - if it works, what kind of score boost could I see from just removing some 30-day lates? 

All I have currently open is the one retail account.  I'd like to apply for a CC but I'm planning on getting a mortgage shortly and figured I'd better wait until that's done before adding something new.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: results from GW letter?

Single, 30 day lates over 2 years old have very little impact on your score.  The newer the late, the more reward for getting it removed.

It is too hard to estimate how FICO will change.  There are too many variables.

Message 2 of 4
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Re: results from GW letter? al

The dancing penguin always makes me smile!!!Smiley Very Happy

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: results from GW letter? al

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.