cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returned to the US after living abroad and cannot obtain my credit score.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

returned to the US after living abroad and cannot obtain my credit score.

I did not leave the country on good terms. Had one outstanding credit card "its been so long, I cannot even recall who it was". I went to do a credit check and at least one national credit card form application returned a message stating "not enough informaiton found". I tried doing other last known address lookups. No luck. If I left the country I was told bad debts would be wipped out in seven years...but does that also create a zero or non existant credit rating?

I am working now...thankfully! If I have to rebuild my credit...what form of loans should I use? Secured or non secured credit card? Does it matter how many times I use a credit card and pay it off before the end of the month? Is a credit score based on speed and frequency of making purchaces then paying them off? Eventually, I want to be at a position to qualify for a house purchace. Then...invest in realestate.

Thanks much

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: returned to the US after living abroad and cannot obtain my credit score.

Welcome to the board.  Before anyone can suggest any product or services, what are your FICO scores?  

Message 2 of 3
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: returned to the US after living abroad and cannot obtain my credit score.

You should probably start by getting your reports, that would mean you need to remember your last known address. Once you have those you can look if your report has any baddies or not.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.