Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roadblocks....need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

roadblocks....need advice

I've been working on the negs on my report with some great success, but I'm having issues with 2 accounts. Both are with divisions of AT&T and are in collections with 2 different CAs.

The first CA is EOS CCA. They have sent various settlement offers to me to pay anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 what is owed. I have absolutely no problem paying the debt in full (now that I am able to) but only request that by doing so they delete their reportings to the bureaus. I've had great success doing this exact same thing with 2 other companies (RJM was a cinch), but this company is claiming that they aren't able to do this. Can anyone give me any further advie on this one? I find it hard to believe that one CA is able to do something that another isn't. Has anyone had luck with EOS CCA?

The second is CMI (credit management, lp). This is for AT&T home entertainment equipment. It took me awhile (2 years...oops) to figure out what this collection was for. I spoke with AT&T regarding the matter and they are sending me a shipping label to send it back to them in. However, when I inquired about having the collection deleted, the representative explained that it would only be changed to a collection that has been satisfied in full since it has been longer than 100 days. Is this in fact a rule? Is it possible for me possible for me to get more progress in speaking further with CMI?

Any advice would be much appreciated, my husband and I are shopping for homes right now and I'd love to bring my score up so it can be on the mortgage.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: roadblocks....need advice

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Yes, the can do it, although some misinterpret the FCRA, and think they cannot.  It depends on the CA.  Some are easier to work with than others.  Each of them have their own set of rules they work by, like when the will delete.  Some just flatout refuse.

I would contact AT&T and see if you can pay them and they pull the account from the CA.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the advice.

What exactly does the FCRA say about this situation?

I spoke with AT&T home entertainment department regarding the equipment that I am returning and the man I spoke to was the one that let me know that the status of the account would only be changed to paid in full. Should I call to try again?

I will try speaking to AT&T about the other account and respond with what I find out.

Thanks again. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The FCRA says IF you report, it must be accurate.  It does not say they MUST report.

You could try sending a PFD letter to the company.  Maybe the CEO or VP.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is going to sound silly I know, but what is a PFD?

Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, not silly at all.

A PFD is pay for delete.  You pay them if they will delete from your CR.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know of any sample letter for doing so?

Message 7 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.