Contributor

?'s on Chase GW, USAA sec - next steps

My first question is simple yet it is embarassing for me. I sent a GW to Chase but cannot find the address I had written down for the life of me. My first letter was a success. Can someone supply me with an address to send another letter to them. Trying to get a 30 day late payment from 2008 out of my report. 

Secondly, I have a USAA Sec Amex with $5000 CL - My largest card -  Feb is when it expires. I do not have any offers for an unsecured for them. October I applied for a Cap one secured card started with $500, added $400 this month and have a 1051 CL. 

This month, I applied to other offers, from chase and AMEX and received cards from them, $300 CL and GOLD NPSL respectively. 

Now, I feel like i am between a rock and a hard place. I want my deposit back from USAA. I have read that they are generous with full members and CLs but I do not want to run the risk of getting a meager CL like I did with Chase. I also do not want to run up my CapOne to the max deposit so I can allow CLIs (if any). So what should I do?

Will closing the account and running the charges I usually carry over my other cards affect my score as my over all availbable credit reports $5000 lower?

Shall I wait till Feb. and apply for a USAA unsecured? (Any recommendations to "easy" and "reasonable" cards would be appreciated) or should I pull the trigger sooner or later. 

I was thinking of renewing the card for another 2 years but I am not sure how that works in terms of penalty fees if i close( and I REALLY would like my moneyz!)

Thank you

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.