Contributor
BearOSO

?'s on Chase GW, USAA sec - next steps

My first question is simple yet it is embarassing for me. I sent a GW to Chase but cannot find the address I had written down for the life of me. My first letter was a success. Can someone supply me with an address to send another letter to them. Trying to get a 30 day late payment from 2008 out of my report. 

Secondly, I have a USAA Sec Amex with $5000 CL - My largest card -  Feb is when it expires. I do not have any offers for an unsecured for them. October I applied for a Cap one secured card started with $500, added $400 this month and have a 1051 CL. 

This month, I applied to other offers, from chase and AMEX and received cards from them, $300 CL and GOLD NPSL respectively. 

Now, I feel like i am between a rock and a hard place. I want my deposit back from USAA. I have read that they are generous with full members and CLs but I do not want to run the risk of getting a meager CL like I did with Chase. I also do not want to run up my CapOne to the max deposit so I can allow CLIs (if any). So what should I do?

Will closing the account and running the charges I usually carry over my other cards affect my score as my over all availbable credit reports $5000 lower?

Shall I wait till Feb. and apply for a USAA unsecured? (Any recommendations to "easy" and "reasonable" cards would be appreciated) or should I pull the trigger sooner or later. 

I was thinking of renewing the card for another 2 years but I am not sure how that works in terms of penalty fees if i close( and I REALLY would like my moneyz!)

Thank you

Starting Score: 656 12/2012
Current Score: FICO (USAA pulled) EXP:678 | myFICO EQ:676 | myFICO TU:685 | App free since 2/1/2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+