Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same account reporting c/o twice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

same account reporting c/o twice

Hi all, long time lurker and reader but first post. I jumped into repairing my credit a few months ago and have gotten some great advice from just reading these forums but I can't seem to find anything that will answer what I have going on now.

I had an upaid charge off with Meta/FH ( fingerhut). I asked them about a PFD but they said no a few times so I went ahead and paid them so I could just move forward.  When I opened the account they were CIT/FH. The CIT/FH was showing paid as agreed and the balance was transfered to Meta/FH, so they were showing twice. I know this is normal but when I paid the charge off, they updated Meta/FH and CIT/FH as both showing paid charge offs. Are they allowed to change the status from the one closed and transfered to charge off when it was showing pays as agrees? I am now stuck with both of these reporting as charge offs when they are the same account.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: same account reporting c/o twice

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it was not. It was sold/transfered on 01/2010 according to my old credit report and then charged off in June 2010 by META/FH.

It's not reporting on EX at all and EQ is showing it just as it was CIT/FH pays as agrees and then the META/FH as a paid charge off. TU is showing them both as being paid charge offs.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

META/FH cannot change another OCs reporting.

If the account was sold while in good standing, it should stay that way.  If it became delinquent while with META, then only their TL should show paid CO.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are the same OC's they just switched their financing from CIT to META. Does that make a difference?

When the account was with financing through CIT there were no lates and it was not charged off when transfered but became charged off 6 months later with META. I just hate that I am having the same OC show 2 charge offs for the same account in two different lines on TU. I don't know whether it was reported that way or whether TU goofed, as I said EQ shows it how it should be, one pays as agreed and the other paid charge off.

I am scared to dispute it's reporting with TU because I am worried the same thing will happen to EQ and end up with it there twice. How would you handle this or would you just let it be and send GW's?

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.