Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same info on all reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

same info on all reports

Hi!  Do all the reports have the same information as far as collections, chargeoffs, etc.  I am wondering if just getting an EX credit report will suffice.

Today I signed up for scorewatch and I was able to get all 3 collections on my account taken care of over the phone.  Even had one cut in half and paid it on the spot.  So I am wondering if those were the only 3 I have to worry about. I want to make sure I get everything taken care of before the summer is over.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: same info on all reports

They might be all alike, but i'm going to guess no.  More often than not, there is something that's on 2 but not on the third, or it's on one, but not the other two.

go here: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

*cut & paste...link won't work

This is the free site thru the govt to get one free from each of the 3.  Do yourself a favor..get them.

Also...don't ever agree to pay anything over the phone!!  Read this forum...you can often get negative info deleated  if you go about it the right way!!

Welcome...Smiley Happy

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 05-05-2009 08:09 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Actually, now that you mention annual credit report, I remember doing one earlier in the year and printing it out, but never looking past the equifax.  I will have to go dig it out. 

I will make sure to search the forums about payments and getting negatives deleted.  Thanks for the tip!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked all three. There was some ATT bill on there for $167 that is definitely not mine (I would never join ATT even if their service was free.)  Also saw a $76 bill from Comcast that was paid 3 years ago and never should have gone to collections, because we were never late. Other than that, the three files are identical. Says my debt is a little over $2000 on each, one is my Capital 1 which has an $818 balance that is already being drafted out of the bank. The other is a gigantic gas bill from the one winter the gas company went crazy on us (plus we lived in a drafty loft that sucked all our heat out the crafts of very corner.) I wonder if I can call the gas company and ask them to pul it out of collections and back to them, and then make an installment plan with them.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the ATT and Comcast bill turned out to be legit, could you PIF? If so, I would send a DV, CMRRR to the collection agencies reporting.

On the gas bill.....what is the DOFD? Is the OC reporting or just the CA? Is it beyond SOL?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.