cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score bump from public record falling off?

tag
rogersave
Regular Contributor

score bump from public record falling off?

Should I expect a score bump for a public record falling off? Was just looking at my credit report and saw one will fall off in October of this year. The balance has been paid off for awhile now.  Any info would be greatly appreciated

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: score bump from public record falling off?

@rogersave wrote:

Should I expect a score bump for a public record falling off? Was just looking at my credit report and saw one will fall off in October of this year. The balance has been paid off for awhile now.  Any info would be greatly appreciated

You might see an increase, but it will depend on what else is showing on your credit reports.   What ( if any ) are the other negatives ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
rogersave
Regular Contributor

1 paid state tax lein and 3 chargeoffs from like 5 years ago, all paid and waiting to fall off. Perfect payment history since started rebuilding on all credit cards and car lease. Scores are all in 670s. In last year I have gotten chase freedom discover it and amex prg 

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

It's just speculation on my part, but I think you might see a modest FICO score bump when it falls off, if this was your only public record

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
teamgray
Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

It's just speculation on my part, but I think you might see a modest FICO score bump when it falls off, if this was your only public record

@I have two(2) Tax liens that are scheduled to fall off this month....I still have 5 there and these are old ones    (2005 and 2006) Im hoping to get at least a 10 pt bump....but we will see........FICO is 654 right now, and intend on getting two secured CC in the next three months ....one 7500 @ one 2500

Starting Score: 612 EQ 6-1-2013
Current Score: 12-26-13 656 EQ(FICO) 608 TU(FAKO) 632(FICO) EX
Goal Score: 700 FICO on all three by 7/1

"The Struggle is real"
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just speculation but in my case I had 3 paid/released Fed liens that were on my report since '06 -withdrawn last year and I'm still trying to see the bump. I guess since they were so old, the sting had long past.

Message 6 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@teamgray wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@I have two(2) Tax liens that are scheduled to fall off this month....I still have 5 there and these are old ones    (2005 and 2006) Im hoping to get at least a 10 pt bump....but we will see........FICO is 654 right now, and intend on getting two secured CC in the next three months ....one 7500 @ one 2500

State tax liens can be renewed. 

Message 7 of 8
teamgray
Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

@teamgray wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

State tax liens can be renewed. 

I paid them in fulll........so they aint coming back!!!!!lol

Starting Score: 612 EQ 6-1-2013
Current Score: 12-26-13 656 EQ(FICO) 608 TU(FAKO) 632(FICO) EX
Goal Score: 700 FICO on all three by 7/1

"The Struggle is real"
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.