Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score drop from online dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: score drop from online dispute

I was looking to buy a house, on the advice of a friend i pulled my report and was horrified, after doing all the right things my score had dropped. Did some online disputes and was very happy to drop two negatives in 10 days

5/21/2011

Experian 599

Equifax 631

TransUnion 578

6/1/2011

Experian 656

Equifax 725

TransUnion 646

Still have a couple to go, but very happy things are moving in the right direction.

Good luck to you all!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was looking to buy a house, on the advice of a friend i pulled my report and was horrified, after doing all the right things my score had dropped. Did some online disputes and was very happy to drop two negatives in 10 days

5/21/2011

Experian 599

Equifax 631

TransUnion 578

6/1/2011

Experian 656

Equifax 725

TransUnion 646

Still have a couple to go, but very happy things are moving in the right direction.

Good luck to you all!

Hi PhelanKell,

Welcome!

Congratulations on listening to a wise friend and pulling your reports.  This is a great site to find when you're preparing for a home purchase.  Lots of knowledgeable folks here - and they're willing to share helpful info.

Now I'm a little curious about your scores - can you tell us where you're pulling your three scores from? 

Message 12 of 15
jackig64
New Contributor

Hi, I just had the same experience.  I disputed an inactive (and I thought Closed) account that I was an authorized user on with my Ex Husband.   The account moved from Closed to ACtive,  due to this my Debt Ratio Decreased to 17% but my score also dropped by 11 points.  I am assuming that once the account (along with the 30/60 day lates) gets removed my Credit File my score will bounce back.   Right now my goal is to reduce that Number of Negative Accounts figure by as many as I can.  At this point I don't expect a score jump from the deletion of those 30/60 as they are so long ago, I just want the Negative Account number to DROP. Smiley Mad

Message 13 of 15
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

5/21/2011

Experian 599

Equifax 631

TransUnion 578

6/1/2011

Experian 656

Equifax 725

TransUnion 646

Good luck to you all!

How were you able to get an increase in 10 days?  Just curiousSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 14 of 15
esme
Regular Contributor

GREAT. This just happened to my DH. All I wanted was for the balance to update prior to the OC's regularly scheduled reporting date. Received an alert today that his score dropped from 690 to a whopping 636, all because of this dispute. And we were planning on applying for our mortgage next week, in time before the FHA rates are scheduled to go up on April 1. Awesome. Smiley Sad

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.