Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score increase due to reinvestigation

tag
sweetpea123
Established Member

score increase due to reinvestigation

hi! new here but long time lurker. i have been trying to rebuild my credit and disputed an account with cra since i believe is not my account,i have a twin with same first name but different middle name..long story.but my scored went up 51 points if they verfieid will the scores go back down,and to do next
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

Re: score increase due to reinvestigation

While the CRA investigates this account is not being included into your credit score.  Once they are finished and if comes back verified then yes you would go back to the score you had prior to the dispute.  You could contact the collection agency reporting this information and ask them to provide proof this is your debt and not your siblings. 

Message 2 of 4
sweetpea123
Established Member

Ok then I should wait what the outcome of the investigation and if verified call the collection for proof that is me right. Bumper I was excited by the increase oh well thank u for responding back
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Apparently the debt is in collection?

Requesting debt verification from the debt collector may not get resolution of the issue.  In verifying a debt, they do not have to provide proof to support their finding, they need only obtain confirmation that you are considered the true debtor.

The heart of the matter is, who owes the debt?   Does the twin fess up to the debt?  If so, then a statement from the twin along with documentation of the name similarity would most likely resolve the issue, as they would have the admitted debtor to pursue.  If not, they most likely wont give in until they have a party to pursue.

Their records, in their current opinion, point to you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.