cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score jump with increased utilization? Really?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

score jump with increased utilization? Really?

I had a balance increase on one of my installment accounts and Experian just gave me a 27 score increase while Transunion lowered my score one point. My utilization on this account went from 24% to 78%. Why would that give me a 27 point boost? Thought that was a bad thing.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: score jump with increased utilization? Really?

Generally it is a bad thing. However generally is the operative word here. Too many variables exist to begin to answer why.  And while you got the boost today dont be surprised if its gone tomorrow.  If you dont have your CR as of today then apparently something occurred that help the point boost.  Then again..............

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: score jump with increased utilization? Really?

It was actually an alert notification showing the increase in my balance/utilization along with the subsequent 27 point increase/ and 1 point reduction. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.