Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: score question

Now if the bank pulled my credit for a mortgage in march and repulled it tomorrow would I take another hit on my credit report?

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you will get a "new inquiry" on your credit report. I suggest making sure you have everything in line and give it a month to settle if you have that long before getting it pulled again. All mortgage pulls within two weeks I think count as one but March and May will be counted seperately.

Message 12 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Fair Isaac markets, literally dozens, of scoring algorithms, each, if licensed by a creditor, are legit FICO scores.

Each CRA contracts with Fair Isaac for their own customized version of FICO scoring, based on factors they wish to emphasize. Those are the scores, except for EX, that you can obtain through myFICO.  It is not uncommon to see a 10-20 point variation between commercial, consumer vended FICO scores between the different CRAs.

Then the lendor-specific creditors also contract for their own, customized versions of FICO scoring, which emphasize their own market-specific emphasis.

The primary of these being mortgage and auto lendors. Consumers cannot get these scores without first applying for a mortgage or auto loan.

To see very different, official "FICO" scores, depending on the source of both he CRA upon which it is based, and the type of creditor that is using the FICO score, is just the way it is.

Message 13 of 18
mauve
Valued Contributor

Wow. This makes "bucket"s seem like the least complex part! 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@mauve wrote:

Wow. This makes "bucket"s seem like the least complex part! 

Smiley Very Happy  That was great!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 15 of 18
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

seanc1842.....Since you obviously want to buy a home, what you want to do is, keep doing what you're doing.  If you have any old, paid baddies...try some GW letters to get them removed.  Pay down any balances on accts if you have any & do NOT apply for any new credit.  The new hit on your reports will make lenders afraid that you're looking for more credit. 

It's easier to get a new card with a recent mortgage pull than it is to get a mortgage with a recent cc pull.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got approved for my loan today

Exp - 634

Equifax - 630

TU - 608

my Experian "plus score" is 610 lol

My scores from march

exp - 598

equifax - 601

TU - 568

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Got approved for my loan today

Exp - 634

Equifax - 630

TU - 608

my Experian "plus score" is 610 lol

My scores from march

exp - 598

equifax - 601

TU - 568

Absolutely beautiful!!!  Great work!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.