Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scores go up and down then up.....SW

tag
luckelle
Regular Contributor

scores go up and down then up.....SW

Up 10 points down 5 up 7 points down 5 up 10 points.....I have realized the baddies are keeping our scores from staying up. Pretty smart if you think about it. The collection agencies in the last year or so of there account falling ofF seem to become aggresive. All those 2 dollars, 4 dollar interest they update your account with keeps your score from going up and staying there. with rebuilding credit, you may have 1 or 3 small secure credit cards but, some CA report like revolving utilization and keeps the good secured credit from doing all it can for your report. Mostly you want to PFD but, at 6or7 months it falls off. So you say im not going to pay them anything. Its really frustrating because, if i pay it; all the gains in that 6 or 7 months after you get to keep, verses not paying and you get only 1or 2 points increases youll keep. Paying 600+ for a few more points over 6 months. Is it worth it. Im confused as to the answer. What would you do? I KNOW IM NOT ALONE!

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: scores go up and down then up.....SW

Credit scores do not go up or down linearly. They fluctuate as information is constantly changing. The real question is What is your goal? If you will be credit shopping in the next couple of years or so for a new car, house, prime cc, etc. Always paid off accounts look better to the lending officers. From my experience, the Med pay account and the past due cc account I had were paid in full. When I needed to increase a cc limit, upon manual review/hard pull of credit, it made a great backdrop for my case. Plus, in my humble opinion, These firms have fronted services, credit, merchandise to you. They need to be paid. As always your mileage may vary.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.