Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scorewatch - not getting alerts?

tag
elleng81
Contributor

scorewatch - not getting alerts?

I'm sure this isn't the proper place for this thread... but the other boards where this might be applicable don't seem to have much movement. I have a question about the SW alerts... I feel like I am not getting them for any movement (+ or -). I didn't get one when a judgement had been removed. Granted it was from 7 years ago so not sure what the impact would be on my score but the list of 'standard alerts' includes change to existing public record. I had a PFD for the one collection account I had and received no SW... I waited a week from when I saw it removed from CreditKarma and still nothing from SW. I ended up purchasing a score power report ( at 30% off) last Saturday and saw that my score indeed was up by 12 points with no notification from the removal of the collectikn. My settings are set for 1 point higher than my current published score and the email address that they are supposed to be going to recieves the myfico promotional emails so I know that isn't the issue... any suggestions? I feel like I wasted an additional $13 to get a new report/score when I should have been notified the entire time....
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
elleng81
Contributor

Re: scorewatch - not getting alerts?

And interesting... I JUST received an email telling me I had no changes for the week. Ugh.
Message 2 of 5
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

My SW alerts are set for me, I have them set for over an amount, under a amount or even 1% change in my score. If I didnt set the alerts I would get nothing probally :-)

Have you went in and set up your Alert settings?

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 3 of 5
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

@elleng81 wrote:
I'm sure this isn't the proper place for this thread... but the other boards where this might be applicable don't seem to have much movement. I have a question about the SW alerts... I feel like I am not getting them for any movement (+ or -). I didn't get one when a judgement had been removed. Granted it was from 7 years ago so not sure what the impact would be on my score but the list of 'standard alerts' includes change to existing public record. I had a PFD for the one collection account I had and received no SW... I waited a week from when I saw it removed from CreditKarma and still nothing from SW. I ended up purchasing a score power report ( at 30% off) last Saturday and saw that my score indeed was up by 12 points with no notification from the removal of the collectikn. My settings are set for 1 point higher than my current published score and the email address that they are supposed to be going to recieves the myfico promotional emails so I know that isn't the issue... any suggestions? I feel like I wasted an additional $13 to get a new report/score when I should have been notified the entire time....

I'm having about the exact same issue. I have not had an alert in about 3 weeks and I've had 2 collections deleted and dropped my utilization about 40%. NO ALERTS AT ALL. It's weird, I'm wondering the same thing - am I wasting $$. The alerts are the most important to me and I have my alerts set up to alert me for even 1 pt of a change. I know I have to have had some sort of movement. 

12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 4 of 5
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

If your score setting is not at the score you currently are showing when you log in, you'll never see an alert.

I recieve so many SW alerts, they've become annoying.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.